Sunday, March 2, 2008

More Grady moments

Finally I am able to put more than just one quick picture of Grady on our blog. Our computer has been acting up and I ended up having what is called a spinal headache. I didn't have the classic symptoms so it took me till Friday to finally try what they called a blood patch to see if it worked. For those of you who don't know a spinal headache is when the hole from the needle they use doesn't seal up after and you leek spinal fluid in you spine, which causes quite painful headaches. Thank goodness the blood patch worked, they took 20 cc's of my blood and injected in my spine, not a very pleasant experience but worth every discomfort to get rid of those headaches.
Now that I'm feeling better, everything is going great. Grady is figuring out life in the smith family and the boys are doing great with him. He is only notices once in a while by them, but Hayden is very excited to teach Grady how to crawl and has already made one unsuccessful attempt.

Coy like him but took some convincing to hole him. He said he was too small, but he is very aware when he is crying and let's me know. They are also aware when he is not around and ask where he is, we couldn't ask for a better adjustment from them so far. It's like it hasn't even fazed them.


Travis is also doing very well with him. Holding him more than he did the other two and helping a lot around the house and with the boys.

Grady loves to be held and cuddle and doesn't like to sleep in his bed, but we are working on it. So far his favorite place to sleep is his car seat. He has the most adorable cry and is eating well.

I love this picture of Travis and him. Grady didn't really cry much when he came out in fact it was about an hour before he let out what I thought was a good yelp, but he was a little distressed and he calmed right down when Travis did this.
Another one of him after he just came out his hair is actually quite wavy when it's wet.
Welcome to the world Grady. For those who are interested there is another picture of him after the snow pictures with his measurements.

5 comments:

pmaynes said...

Oh so cute! Love the dark hair.
Glad all is well.

Nurse Heidi said...

I love the pictures!! Especially the last one. He's a handsome little guy. Plus, those snow pictures are CRAZY! I'll stop complaining right now about the Utah snow this year...

Our EyreLife said...

I have to admit that I'm a little teary eyed. It is such a wonderment to go through the birthing process, isn't it?! He's just gorgeous, Shannon! Just gorgeous! Congrats again!

Krista said...

congrats! nice pics...I'm scheduled to be induced on saturday if he continues to be stubborn and not come on his own. I'm nervous and anxious

christa said...

WOW! I didn't even know you were having a baby- much less that you had one! You'd think I would have heard something from Jared and Paulette- oh well. He's WAY cute! 3 boys- seems to be the happening thing these days :) Congratulations!!