Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 3 Beijing

2008 Olympic torch behing the Water Cube.



Water Cube and Birds Nest.

Up close of the Birds Nest.



We took a picture of this building just because it was cool and it reminded us of Dr. Doofensmurts evil headquarters (probably not spelling that right) from Phineas and Ferb a show our kids love that's inventive and funny.

The Chinese love their cartoons they are everywhere.


First thing in the morning we went to the pearl factory and I thought this necklace was particulary beautiful. During the presentation the manager was educated us on pearls and how many can come in an oyster, different colors they come in, and the difference between fresh water and salt water pearls. He asked if we were American's to which we said yes and looked right at me and said, "Yes I can tell becaue of cool girl over there." He kept referring to me as cool girl and so did quite a few other people from our group for the rest of the trip. We were all laughing pretty hard. I was a little embarrased.


Forbidden City entrance from the bus.


You pass by beautiful building like this all the time.

The pecking duck we had for dinner this night. I had a really hard time with dinner this night. Almost lost my cookies a few times, the duck wasn't bad.

No comments: