Sunday, September 14, 2008

Summer Picnic Finally

For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while you know that all last winter Hayden harassed me for a picnic. So I gave him a winter picnic that he was not impressed with.So he finally got his warm sunny picnic. He seemed to be satisfied with it, but we ate outside a playground which I think was a bit of a distraction. I swear things like this are way more work than they are worth.
I just keep telling myself that kids need even the little experiences to help round them out so I do it anyway.
Hayden thinks he is so cool because he can push Coy on the swing like mommy.


Coy was not interested at all in the picnic. I could barely get him to finish his sandwich. Grady was not particularly impressed with the swing. I expected him to love it like the other boys did, but not so much. When Hayden was a baby sometimes I used to go on the neighbors swing with him because it was the only way I could get him to fall asleep. Grady doesn't get so pampered, one of the down falls to being the third.


4 comments:

Megan and Sean said...

I love Grady under the couch! That is a great pic of Jenna with Grady. I hope your future picnic's go better...or at least are more fun for YOU!

Our EyreLife said...

Cutest boys! I'm so glad that Hayden finally got in a good warm, sunny picnic! You're doing so great with your boys! Wish I could have been there, too!

We're getting new phone plans at the end of this month which will mean free long distance......which means I can finally afford to chat whenever. I'm sick of not talking to you when I want to. :)

Trish the Dish said...

I love your blanket! Did you make it?

The Snyder's said...

Coy has hair! Its soooo cute!