Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lucky Stars!

What a week. We picked up Macie last Saturday and I had no idea what an adjustment it would be. The first two nights were a nightmare as I stated in the post about her. Then on Monday night Travis mentions to me that she has been itching. And I said yeah I noticed that too it's been getting worse I think she has flees. Travis gets all bug eyes and informs me I need to call the vet the next day and tells me all the wonderful things about flees, like how fast they multiply, that they get all over the house, and that they will eat us too. Great, so I call the vet on Tuesday and she informs me that since we have had her since Saturday we have to flee balm our house. For those of you who have never experienced this lovely adventure I pray you never do. I had to leave the house for the day, set of these smoke poison things in every room, and air out the house before we go back in. Well Macie is an inside dog so we had to take her with us to my parents which was interesting in it's self. They live a half hour away, so later I had to go home air out the house, and go back down for a church activity, which I ended up being late for. I still didn't get home until 9:00 at night put the kids in bed, shut up the house, and proceeded to clean until 10:30 that night. That was just one day. The next 4 days were spent washing every single blanket, sheet, mattress pad, and burp rag in the house while trying to maintain the other everyday tasks. Like cleaning up one of Coy's chewed up poopy diapers, and the vomit from the chewed up poopy diaper thanks to Macie. After all this I am thanking my lucky stars. Why? Thursday night I watched the house across the street from me go up in flames. This is the same family who when we moved into our home found out the woman who lives there fell and had surgery on her wrist, and a few months later her husband fell of a ski lift fell 25 feet and was rushed to the hospital. They lost everything in there home to top it off there Granddaughter was staying with them when this all happened. Thank goodness everyone is ok, but it was still the most tragic thing I have witnessed in person. I started breaking down, but my mom was on the phone with me and helped me hold it together for the kids sake. So yes I am thanking my lucky stars. Thankful for a complete home, for no broken body parts, for my family's well being, and yes even thankful for our new dog Macie.

4 comments:

Our EyreLife said...

You have had SUCH A WEEK, my dear! I see that you called me and I will surely call you back tomorrow morning PRONTO. This weekend has been NUTS, so I can't call today.

But I'm surely glad it wasn't YOUR house that went up in flames and I'm glad the flees have been cleaned out!!!

Big hugs! I love you!

Megan and Sean said...

OH MY GOSH, how terrible!

pmaynes said...

That's too bad about the neighbors house. And as for the poor dog, you have a higher tolerance level than me, I would be tearing my hair out. And if my dog chewed a diaper or anything else from the trash for that matter she would spend the rest of the week in her kennel, JK. I love our dog but by golly SHE WILL BEHAVE! My poor dog I am like a Natze, she doesn't get free run of my house for more than 15 minutes at a time and even then she doesn't leave my sight. AND DON'T EVEN ASK ABOUT MILO!!! Pets, you gotta love 'em!

Nurse Heidi said...

Oh my heavens to betsy! What a story! You have solidified once again that I will never have a dog...

Love the pictures of your boys - they are getting so big, and so cute!