Friday, April 25, 2008

ER Visit

Today was the day I was going to catch up to what has been a less than boring week. What has happened this week besides Coy's mishap is a whole other post. I had just finished feeding Grady and all the sudden I hear Coy screaming. So rush to get him. He fell running up the stairs. I comfort him thinking nothing of it just another Coy bruise. Until I pulled his head back to take a look and blood was gushing out of his chin. I quickly ran to the bathroom for some tissue to get a better look and sure enough there was a huge gash in his chin. He hit the square edge of our top stair that is lined with hard wood perfectly.
Poor kid, we got to the hospital and they assessed, thank goodness, that they could use this new skin glue instead of stitches. If it didn't work he would have needed 2-3 stitches, but they got it to seal and no stitches for Coy. He had to be strapped down in this big Velcro body straight jacket type thing. While he was crying it hurts, I want out I almost lost it. He was very brave and hardly even notices the big glue patch on his chin. I took them to Dunkin Donuts after for a much deserved treat, it was a long morning for all of us. Hayden and Coy were both passed out by the time we got home.

2 comments:

Megan and Sean said...

Poor Coy, poor you. What else happened???

Trish the Dish said...

Sounds like you've got your hands full with callings and kids - congrats on the dog and I hope Coy is doing ok after his little accident! I'm not looking forward to Livi's first visit to the ER, but I guess it's inevitable, since she's about as graceful as a drunken llama (takes after her mom).