Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Winter Picnic








For at least a month now Hayden has been bugging me for a picnic. I have told him over and over again that it is too cold outside for a picnic, I even offered an indoor picnic, but that wasn't good enough the pestering continued. Finally the weather said it was suppose to be between 30 and 40 degrees so I decided it was now or never because that is as good as it gets this time of year. So I secretly pulled out our card table and put together a quick simple winter picnic. I knew full well this could go either way, he would be quite excited to finally have his picnic or not impressed at all because it was cold out side. The latter was true, Hayden looked right at me and said, but Mommy I want a warm picnic that doesn't have wind. I had to laugh because if you know Hayden at all it was typical. When he has a vision it has to be just so. We made the best of it and had a good time out anyway. I haven't heard a lot about having a picnic since so I guess it sunk in.

3 comments:

Our EyreLife said...

You are such a good mama! My mom used to do that kind of stuff for US, too! Kids want the darndest things, don't they?!

I sure love you! Let me know when your package gets there so I can sleep at night again...

Nurse Heidi said...

What a fun idea! My kids would totally go for it. I'll keep it up my sleeve for a snowy day.

Krista said...

That'll make a fun memory to look back on!