Friday, December 21, 2007

Ginger Bread Houses

We finally decorated our ginger bread houses, after a week of making dough, rolling, baking, cutting, drying out, assembling houses, and waiting for Daddy's next day off we were ready.
Hayden has seen the whole process and was actually quite patient through the whole thing and extremely excited. He especially wanted to put lolly pops on his house which I did not have and could not find at Wal-Mart.

So the day before we decorated I finally ventured into Hannaford and the only lolly pops I could find were blow pops. Good thing they are for decorating and not eating. Although you couldn't tell Coy that. Coy also did exceptionally well placing his gumdrops and marshmallows. It was a fun start to our new Christmas tradition. I love traditions and love that my kids are getting old enough to enjoy them as well.

We all in all had a great family day, and as if it couldn't get anymore Christmasy for our ginger bread day is was snowing outside. NO surprise to any of you who know how much we have been dumped on this year. We proudly displayed our houses on top of our cabinets and threw on our snow clothes to go play. We tried to slide and had a few successful runs and I pulled the kids in the sled. Between a few snow balls, shoveling, playing, and the ginger bread houses the kids were incredibly cranky by late night and went to bed early. I guess we wiped them out. I guess I was wiped out too and I hit the bed at 9:00 last night and apologized for being such a pooper.

I wish I could tell Travis my pooping out on him early was going to end soon, but I can't since I truly feel it's due to the pregnancy, which is still going well, and after the baby comes it will only get worse for at least another 3 months. Such and understanding Husband and family.




1 comment:

Megan and Sean said...

YUM! They look so cute. What a fun tradition. Maybe next year we'll try making some....or one at least!