Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuckered Out


We recently have finished a new adventure with Coy. He was getting up in the middle of the night and refusing to go back to sleep for easily two hours or more. If we tried tough love and let him cry it out he would be hysterical and throw himself on the floor kicking and screaming or, our favorite, getting a running start and body slamming himself into the door. We tried everything to get him to stop, the tough love, spanking, flicking, threats, compassion, I even cleared his room of everything he plays with, reads, special blankets, toys, and the killer no Mickey Mouse Club house the next day. To no avail our almost two year old is more stubborn than us. We were defeated until one day, thanks to my brilliant friends who scratch their own heads to give me clever advice in my many Coy situations, we decided to fore go nap time. Well my poor bugger was so tuckered out that when I put him in time out he fell asleep like this, his head is resting on a chair flipped upside down, I moved him very carefully to his bed and he took a nap and he slept that night. We have finally figured it out. He needs a nap but no longer than an hour and a half. I ask Hayden to go wake him up and Hayden loves doing it and Coy responds better to Hayden waking him up than me. We are so grateful that this adventure is over and are ready for the next, this little man certainly keeps us on our toes!

No comments: