Monday, July 23, 2007

Pumpkin Bread

Recently I have been asked for these two recipes a lot, so I decided they must be extra good and others might want them as well. Give them a try I personally love them both, the pumpkin bread and the ginger snaps are a sweet easy fun treat that's a switch from chocolate.

Pumpkin Bread
Mix together in a large bowl:
3 cups sugar
2 teas. soda
1 teas. cloves
1 teas. nutmeg
1 teas. baking powder
1 teas. cinnamon
1 1/2 teas. salt
3 1/3 cups of flour
Stir all the dry ingredients thoroughly, then make a deep well in the center. In hole put the following:
2 cups pumpkin (I just use one can of libby's pumpkin)
1 cup oil
4 eggs
optional-nuts, chocolate chips, chopped dates.
Mix well and bake and 325 for 1:15-1:30 minutes in two greased pans. May cook quicker in tin rather than glass. I use glass bread pans so I have to cook them longer. It's worth the wait. Enjoy.

No comments: