Friday, October 16, 2009

Kite Flying

We got a phone call from a friend who has tons of fresh green beans and can't possibly pick them all, and wanted to know if I wanted some. Hmmm let me think fresh, yummy, and free vegetable? Count me in. So off we went and filled two buckets.

The kids helped and it turned out to be a good time despite the crazy amount of mosquito's. As I was looking around admiring her beautiful lot of land I dawned on me that there was a perfect kite wind and no power lines.

It also occurred to me that I had a kite in my van. So we seized the opportunity and spent the next hour or more flying a kite.

Grady got such a kick out of the whole thing. Squealing with delight as he now sees Dora in the sky. Eventually he got bored with just watching and had to give it a try.


Coy eventually got bored of the kite and took out my phone to take some of his own pictures and actually got a pretty good one of the kite.




Hayden and Coy are pro kite flyer's trying, and sometimes successfully, to make it dip and scoop. Running a little or pulling the string when the wind lets down. We all had such a great time. What an unexpected treat.





1 comment:

Our EyreLife said...

What darling pictures you've added!!! Looks like life is good and wel adjusted to your new home! I vote for pictures of your house, too!!!