Friday, September 28, 2007

Dinosaur Costume


Look at what I did. I can't believe it and am so excited and proud. Thanks to Grandma Sue my kids have been spoiled with nice heavy duty warm home made costumes or an expensive one that was bought at the Disney store. Both absolutely adorable and unbeatable unless you want to spend 30 to 40 dollars which I am not willing to do. So I decided to undertake making one. It was a challenge and there was a lot of stitch ripping but I have to say I am very pleased with myself and Hayden is beside himself with excitement. I still have to put some hook and eyes on it but this will work for Hayden this year and next. Money well spent considering it only cost me about 17 or 18 dollars. This still seemed like a lot to me until I looked at the cheesy store bought costumes for 15 to 20 now I feel it was well worth the time and money. I figure I can get two years for each kid. That's six years use out of one costume. I would say definitely money well spent.

2 comments:

Megan and Sean said...

CUTE!!!

Nurse Heidi said...

I am WAY impressed! I tried to make a Robin Hood outfit for Ethan a couple of years ago. The shirt came out pretty funky. The hat worked. Mostly I just sew square things, like blankets and curtains.