Friday, August 20, 2010

Montreal

If there is one word to describe Montreal it would be ARCHITECTURE!
The city is so beautiful and clean and the buildings are amazing everywhere.

I went all by myself, yes I said all by myself, no kids, no husband to visit my sister who was there temporarily for work.
This cast iron patio is classic Montreal, they are all well kept like this with great designs. All the stairs are ornate cast iron too. I was very impressed at the quality put into just the simplest detail.
This street was so cool because it's house after house literally right next to each other but they are all different colors.

A continuation of the previous street.

This was a very simple stair case they actually got a lot more beautiful.

This just made me crack up. Speed limit sign for bikers and runners. Hmmm if you can run that fast, well that's just crazy.

This was at the top of a mountain and there were stairs in a park taking you the whole way up.
It was crazy to look up the side of this small mountain and see a path of beautiful stairs taking you the whole way up.
The view of the city was gorgeous up there.


If you look closely you can see the railings of the stairs way up in the trees.
We had such a good time walking the city, shopping, and just relaxing in the afternoon reading our books with no children.
I had the best hot chocolate I have ever had there hmmm I could totally have one right now
I definitely would go back and can't thank my friends Amy and Tish for watching my kids while I was gone. It was a much needed refresher.






1 comment:

Jessie Eyre said...

How totally cool. Can't wait to hear about it all in person. You look awesome, my dear! Just awesome!

Love you