Friday, August 13, 2010

Our First Day at Camp Joseph

There was an exhibit at the Joseph Smith memorial in Vermont this June that I really wanted to see. So after all the moving was done I called to see if there were any available spots to camp just one night of the last weekend the exhibit would be there, knowing I was pushing it and that it was extremely unlikely due to my procrastination that I would be able to get in.
I really lucked out as they had a cancellation the morning that I called and we got in. I was so excited, not only would I finally get a chance to take the kids camping, but I would also be able to see the exhibit.
Coy eating a piece of chocolate.

Me eating a smore.
We heated up baked beans in a can on the fire and hot dogs on a stick. The kids actually did really well with the food.


I took a picture of the fire because Travis was skeptical on weather or not I could start a fire by myself. Well here is the proof, I kept it small for obvious reasons, 3 small children to one adult with and open fire can be a sketchy situation. The kids were very respectful of the fire and I didn't need to be as vigilant as I thought I would have to be.
The first thing we did when we got there was go to the swim hole. The kids had fun for a little while but it was murky and mushy so they didn't stay for long.

Grady didn't even really get in the water, he just played in the sand.

No comments: