Friday, August 13, 2010

Joseph Smith Memorial

The kids really had a good time riding on the golf cart through the woods to see the remains of where Joseph Smith grew up. Honestly I think they enjoyed the ride the most.
It was so crazy to think there was a whole little farm area here. Where everyone knew there neighbors and everyone had 100 acres of farm land.

This is the rock wall that was put up on most roads back then. This road was a main road through Vermont.
There is actually a gap between the first rock and the one we are standing on and a little stream was still there flowing beneath us. I was so impressed by how level and sturdy this bridge was.


I'm so glad we did this this summer. It's a memory I will have forever and I hope to do it again soon so the kids can have more vivid memories of it when they get older.

No comments: