Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fancy Mommy


For those of you who know me you know that my entire wardrobe is courtesy of my sister Nica. She sends me stuff so often I never have a chance to buy anything, because I'm never in need on anything. I'm not complaining she sends me way nicer stuff than I can afford. She is the queen of the spoiling older sisters. Maybe that's because she suffered with my 3 other brothers, being the only girl, for 8 years before I came along. It's a funny story in our family about how Nica was going to have nothing to do with me if I was a boy because she was fed up. When my mom had me and I came out a girl, my parents made sure she was the first to know she had a new baby sister. My Dad went straight to her school to tell her and she was ecstatic. Included in the package she sent me was a bunch of fun stuff and Hayden was helping me go through it. He was intrigued by all the new shoes she sent in colors pink, brown, khaki, pink, orange, and yellow and insists I wear my new fancy church shoes every Sunday. Nothing cracked me up more than when I was goofing around and put these new, Prada mind you, shades on. I told you she spoils me. Hayden gasped andsaind "oh Mommy you look Fancy". I'll never forget it. Thanks for all the cool stuff Nica, we love and miss you.

1 comment:

Our EyreLife said...

Yes, Nicole, you do a great job at supplying Shannon's wardrobe.

And Yes, there are always too many ironys when it comes to babies, sleep, and exhaustion.

And yes, once again, your boys are just too cute. I wanted to call you last night but Dust was home and Wyatt was teething, so I couldn't run out the door with my phone. SO SORRY! Have a great trip and call me when you are home!!!

Love you!