Friday, August 10, 2007

House Shopping

House shopping is not the same out here as it was in Utah. I have a new found respect for the cookie cutter houses out there. They may all look the same but at least they are nice, clean, and the floor plans make sense. OH BOY! If you could see what we are seeing out here. The tricky Realtors fool you with the pictures showing only the side of the house that doesn't show the barn falling apart behind it, or the fact that it has no yard but junk, dirt and a chicken wire fence to keep their dogs in. They have floral upon floral wall paper or that old seventies orange shag rug in bright blue. I was excited to see that! Or how about plastic accordion sliding doors on the closets in the bedrooms the size of my coat closet in Utah. I'm dying, the move is killing me and we are getting to a point where we are thinking of renting, pulling out only what we absolutely need to live and building or hoping something new shows up on the listings. The move so far is going smoothly we have a lot already stashed in my parents garage so actual moving day will be quick and easy. We are staying with my parents for a few weeks until we decide on what house or rent we want. Hopefully we will have a rent or have picked a house and made an offer by the end of the month. Keep my in your prayers because with this baby sucking all the energy out of me I feel like a zombie all the time. On the up side the nausea is slowly going away getting better everyday so things are looking up with the baby. I should be approx. 11 weeks and have an ultra sound appointment on Tuesday and we will know for sure. We are hanging in there and chugging along can't wait for this whole move to be over.

No comments: