Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2 Husbands?

A couple of nights ago Hayden came out with this- "Mommy I love you so much. I wish I was an adult right now and you could be my wife." I was humored and honored. Travis and I explained that I was already Daddy's wife but he could marry someone like Mommy. He seamed satisfied with this. Hopefully it works out because he's just like his Dad so it would work, because Trav and I are happy. Oh I just pray they will make smart choices and look beyond the shell when that time comes. Right now I need to focus on something a little more pertinent to now, like my girlfriend informed that she picked up some extra Kindergarten Registration papers and would bring them over to me. My heart stopped, it's really happening, my baby is starting school. It's the most bitter sweet thing I have experienced yet as a mother. I still remember being up with him all night long the first week he was home because he was so jaundice he had to be under a light bed all the time. Or the times I almost broke down when they pricked his little heal to test his blood every day during that week. Oh the memory list could go on forever. Here we go creating more great and wonderful, happy and sad.

1 comment:

Our EyreLife said...

And -I- remember walking laps and laps and laps around Sugarhouse park with that little man in my arms. Oh, how they grow so fast.

I got the package you sent me...have been dealing with a yucky flu and a VERY sick baby, otherwise I would have called you the very SECOND I opened it.

THANK YOU!!! Everyone who reads your blog needs to know how thoughtful you are.

YES, EVERYONE: SHANNON IS ONE OF THE COOLEST PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!! BECOME HER FRIEND IF YOU ARENT ALREADY!!! :)

Love ya!