Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Day at the Beach


We had a fun day yesterday spending almost the whole day with friends at the beach. Hayden was having so much fun flying his kite. He was doing so good holding on to it that I let him hold it all by himself. Eventually he didn't pay attention and dropped the kite. The wind was so good that day that I had the kite fully extended so the wind took it right out to the ocean. You should have seen Hayden's little face. He didn't know what to think. I was trying hard not to laugh because he was surely upset at the event. He said "Mommy I don't want my kite to go in the water." Me still trying not to show how amused I was by the whole situation knelt down gave him a hug and told him it would be alright that we could get another kite at the store. He seemed ok with this. So I went to go check on Coy and the next thing I know Hayden was heading for the exit. I ran to him and asked "Hayden where are you going?" He replied, "to the store to get a kite Mommy." This time I couldn't hold it in and laughed he looked at me and smiled. Then I explained to him that we would get one another day. He did quite well with the whole thing. I'm very proud of my him he could have been histerical about it, but he was very calm, or should I say in shock, and handled himself very well.

2 comments:

Jessie Eyre said...

This whole blogging thing is addicting, isn't it?! I see you've figured out how to do the slideshow without my help--way to go! Cute kids as always!

Megan and Sean said...

Hi Aunt Shannon, Donna thinks this is the silliest. She laughed at Coy eating the sand! And even eating more sand! -Donna