Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Hayden

7 years old. I can't believe it. One more year until he is baptized and he is already talking about it and can't wait. This has been a challenging year for him with Daddy being gone all the time and his Celiac diagnosis. I have to say I am so proud of how he has handled both.
His party was crazy, a little too crazy actually, we will tone it down a little next year. He was spoiled with friends, family, and presents, but hey what is a birthday without a little spoiling.
He had almost every one he invited come and we had meat sandwiches, chips, and of course cake and ice cream.
We actually had a pinata too, but for some reason I didn't get any pictures. His party was Pokemon this year, he is so into Pokemon and says when he grows up he wants to be a scientist so he can make a watch that can turn him into a Pokemon.
He got some really interesting presents, including a big dragon with Hiccup from How to Train a Dragon, some Ben 10 things, a air hog, a cool 3D puzzle that is a globe and more. Like I said spoiled.
Friends.
More cute friends.
Cake and ice cream.
Some free play time.


Cute Birthday Boy!
Hayden wanted cupcakes this year, because I found a gluten free recipe that he likes. So I printed off a bunch of pictures of pokemon characters and taped them to toothpicks for cupcake toppers. He was happy so so was I. We love you Hayden. I told him I was really sad at how big he was getting and I wasn't just playing I was having to control my emotions. And he said "don't worry Mommy when I'm big I'll come back and visit." Unfortunately that didn't make me feel better it made me want to cry even more. I'm so proud of who he is becoming and so happy he is growing and getting big, but I would be lying if I said it didn't also make me sad.

No comments: