Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Meet Chase!

So here goes the story. Travis called about the beginning of October and says "hey one of my co-workers is selling some pugs and their way cute do you want one?"
To which my response was "no way no how, forget it. When we get a dog it will be hypoallergenic and Hayden will be 10."
Travis comes home a week later and at the bottom of his basket I find a picture of 5 of the most adorable pug puppies I have ever seen. My lecture to myself was "be strong Shannon, NO DOGS!!!!"
Two hours later, I confess I couldn't stop thinking about the adorable apricot colored pug in the picture and told Travis "so you killing me with this picture." He reveals his master plan and says "I know that's why I brought it, just do some research Shannon."
OK what could a little typing hurt, apparently it can seal a deal because I learned that pugs are a low maintenance dog. They don't require a lot of exercise, they don't get very big, they are good with kids, and they are sturdy, and all around friendly.
I find the personality traits in a dog I have been searching for.

We find out they are available the Thursday before Halloween. We tried to keep the kids up the night Travis came home with him, but they all passed out. So these are pictures of them half awake the next morning trying to figure out what was happening.
Coy and Hayden both said he's to keep? They thought we were dog sitting or something. They still thank me, and tell me it was the best surprise ever and love Chase so much.
I adore him as well. He is a perfect fit for our family. I have never been attached to an animal like this before and am so happy we have our new addition to the family.

No comments: