Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apple Picking

One of my favorite things about living in New England is the fall when the colors start coming out and the apple orchards are full.
There is nothing like a fresh crisp apple right off the tree.
I think Grady agrees. The kids had fun filling their bags, but sadly it didn't take them very long to do it, so our time at the orchard was shorter than expected but we still had fun.
We went home and I made home made applesauce and canned it. Coy and I love just plain unsweetened home made applesauce. HMMMM!
They had quite the day today between soccer in the morning, apple picking in the afternoon, and then the park later in the day they were pretty tuckered out. I only wish everyday could be as smooth and full of fun like this one. But that's not life so I try to really appreciate and enjoy days like this one.

No comments: